Pokfulam Dairy Farm
The SCMP of 18th April 2013 contained an article of interest.
It reported that a Director of Audit’s report had found that sixteen public heritage sites either were not being maintained or had not been used for periods of up to twenty years. The audit considered it unsatisfactory that ten government-graded buildings had been left unattended.
One of the sites with a grade one rating is the 1887 Old Dairy Farm Senior Staff Quarters in Pok Fu Lam. This is the oldest remaining building of the dairy company.
This article originally appeared in Newsletter 6 sent out on 4th May 2013.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Dairy Farm Company
- Dairy Farm Company – a timeline
- Dairy Farm Company – Post WW1, the Japanese occupation and immediately post WW2
- The Dairy Farm Ice and Cold Storage Company, HKBRAS article
- Dairy Farm museum at Pok Fu Lam – SCMP article
- Dairy Farm, Pokfulam, recent photographs of structures within the estate
- Q+A 42 Dairy Farm Cold Storage Depot – East Point – further information needed
- The Dairy Farm, Ice & Cold Storage Company Ltd – employees
- Pokfulam village – close links to Dairy Farm 1886, SCMP article
- World War Two -1945 BAAG report on occupied Hong Kong – dairy supplies & facilities