Orient Tobacco Manufactory – HK factory location, map and plan of works layout
Edward Schneider: The Orient Tobacco Manufactory works was on a site in Kowloon bordered by Nathan Road, Dundas Street, Soy Street and Kwong Wa Street. It had a total surface area of 307,095 sq.ft. (approximately 3 hectares) and was registered as Lot numbers 1421 and 2629.
It was acquired as a grant on 1 January 1908 for $86,124.40. The buildings cost $278,485.45. Some minor additional land appears to have been added in 1922.
Nathan Road, Dundas Street, Soy Street and Kwong Wa Street on a contemporary CentaMap:-
Related Indhhk articles:
- The Orient Tobacco Manufactory Company – updated information
- Carl Ingenohl – owner of the Orient Tobacco Manufactory Company
- The Orient Tobacco Manufactory Company – location
- Orient Tobacco Manufactory – many questions, any answers? – initial research
- C Ingenohl – company and man – HK cigars
- C Ingenohl (Hongkong Tobacco Manufactory ?) – cigar factory in Manila