C Ingenohl (Hongkong Tobacco Manufactory ?) – cigar factory in Manila
HF: Carl Ingenohl operated cigar manufacturing companies in both the Philippines and Hong Kong under the trade name La Perla del Oriente.
In Hong Kong Ingenohl ran the Orient Tobacco Manufactury Company which had a factory in Yau Ma Tei. The newspaper article below mentions his ownership of the Hongkong Tobacco Manufactury which I believe was actually the Yau Ma Tei factory. Or were there two companies?
The following article documenting German companies in Manila in 1916, ie during World War One, includes the following:-
“The proprietor of La Perla del Orient is C Ingenohl, living in Rotterdam, and a naturalised Belgian citizen. He is a brother of Admiral Ingenohl, who was lately chief admiral of the German grand fleet.
The manager, assistant manager, and European employees of La Perla del Oriente are all Germans.
C Ingenohl is also proprietor of the Hongkong Tobacco Manufactury, Hong Kong. All supplies for La Perla del Oriente cigar factory are imported from Germany, even the office supplies.”
Related Indhhk articles”
- The Orient Tobacco Manufactory Company – updated information
- C Ingenohl – company and man – HK cigars
- Carl Ingenohl – owner of the Orient Tobacco Manufactory Company
- Orient Tobacco Manufactury – many questions, any answers? – initial research
- El Oriente – link to the Orient Tobacco Manufactory and Carl Ingenohl
- C Ingenohl (Hongkong Tobacco Manufactory ?) – cigar factory in Manila
There is some information in my flickrs about the Oriental Tobacco manufactory, a factory once at Yau Ma Tei owned by C Ingenohl