The Fish Pond Industry, Hong Kong 1961
HF: Additional information about Fish Farming in HK courtesy of the Public Records Office.
These photos were taken near Yuen Long 1961.
I don’t know whether the fish market was at Yuen Long though all the photos seem to be from the same collection.
- Call for stand-alone body to enforce protection and management of Hong Kong’s wetlands SCMP 29th September 2018
This article was first posted on 5th June 2014.
Related Indhhk Articles:
- The Fresh Water Fish Farming Industry of the New Territories
- “They Fatten Fish to Feed Hong Kong”
- The Fish Pond Industry, New Territories – the fish
- Sir Jack Cater, pre-ICAC first Director of Agriculture and Fisheries plus other related organisations
- The Bionomics of Pondfish Culture in the New Territories mid 1950s