The Bionomics of Pondfish Culture in the New Territories mid 1950s
IDJ + HF: This short report from the mid-1950s mentions:
a) The different breeds of fish
b) The levels these breeds feed at within the ponds
c) The economic dynamics of photoplankton as shown in this charming illustration drawn by Ip Tam Po
The Bionomics of Pondfish Culture in the New Territories T Chow, Fisheries Research Unit, Dept of Zoology, University of Hong Kong.
click to enlarge
This article was first posted on 9th July 2014.
Related Indhhk articles:
- The Fresh Water Fish Farming Industry of the New Territories
- The Fish Pond Industry, Hong Kong 1961
- “They Fatten Fish to Feed Hong Kong”
- The Fish Pond Industry, New Territories – the fish
- The Hong Kong Fishing Industry during World War Two – on the trail of Amakusa Marine
- Great South Fishing Industries (廣南漁業)
- Hong Kong Industry during World War Two – Fishing, Food and Beverages, Tobacco