Plover Cove Reservoir – photographs of official opening 1969
HF: On 9th March 2015 the SCMP published an article, A Reservoir of Memories. This included a brief description of Plover Cove Reservoir plus a number of photographs including two of HK Governor David Tench officially opening the reservoir on 20th January 1969.
SCMP article: A Reservoir of Memories – 9th March 2015
This article was first published on 10th March 2015.
- Task Force on Land Supply says no to reclaiming part of Hong Kong’s second largest reservoir SCMP 31st December 2018
Related Indhhk articles:
- Plover Cove Reservoir – 50th anniversary of relocation of residents
- High Island Reservoir – initial notes
- Shek Pik Reservoir – construction
- Shek Pik Reservoir – Tai O road construction link to end of Tai O salt production
- Shing Mun Reservoir, article from the late 1930s
- Shing Mun (Jubilee) Reservoir
- Binnie & Partners, engineering consultancy, Hong Kong reservoirs and more…
- Gordon Burnett Gifford Hull, Needle Hill Mine, Shing Mun Reservoir