V.P.Musso & Company
HF: Messrs. V. P. Musso & Co. have a large connection, both locally and in Europe, as general agents, importers, and exporters. For many years they held a contract for supplies to the Italian Navy in the Far East. The firm was established twenty-five years ago by Mr. D. Musso, an Italian gentleman, who for many years, right up to the time of his death, was one of the well-known merchants of the Colony, and held a prominent position in the local community as Consul-General for Italy. A handsome monument to his memory has been erected in the Catholic Cemetery at Happy Valley. For a time his widow carried on the business, but latterly his three sons, Messrs. V. P., L. A. and F. P. Musso have entered into it as partners. They are popular in commercial circles and are well known in the field of sport. The business manager of the firm in Hongkong is Mr. L. Borello.(1)
Can anyone supply further information about this company in Hong Kong?
- Twentieth Century Impressions of Hongkong, Shanghai, and other Treaty Ports of China (1908) ed. Arnold Wright
This article was first posted on 19th January 2020.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Nan Kang Company trading agent
- Gande, Price & Company Ltd – Hong Kong agents and wine and spirits merchants
- G Falconer & Company, Watchmakers & Jewellers – HK agent for Ross Optical Ltd, Clapham, London and Kelvin & Hughes, marine instruments, London
- Hang Tai & Fungs Co Ltd – agent and Hung Tai & Fung (Tobacco) Company Ltd
- K C Tsang & Company,人和行, trading agent
- J S Hook, Son & Company, shipping and commission agents, 1867
- Hung Cheong Import & Export Ltd – YKK Zippers’ Hong Kong agent
- Hong Kong trading agents 1953 – nearly 60 companies