Asiatic Petroleum Company staff photo, Shanghai 1930s
This photo comes courtesy of the Historical Photographs of China collection, University of Bristol, UK and shows Asiatic Petroleum Company staff, at the A.P.C. depot in Shanghai in the 1930s.
Information attached to the image suggests the man marked with an x in ink is “Pop i.e. Edward Edelson Wilkinson).”
We have information about a couple of employees of APC in China, see our linked articles below. I will contact those who kindly sent the original information in and see if we can indentify more of the group of jolly chaps shown below.
Of course, if you can assist in this search I would be delighted to hear from you.
This article was first posted on 16th July 2019.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Asiatic Petroleum Company Ltd – links to Arnhold & Company
- Walter George Babb, Employee of the Asiatic Petroleum Co, UK, 1911 – information wanted
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, China – requisitioned by Chou En Lai 1951
- BAAG records of shipping in HK during 1944-45 – the Fukuan Maru, ex-Shu Kwang operated by Asiatic Petroleum Company
- Yung Hao tanker – requisitioned by HK Government 1951 leading to China’s requisitioning of Asiatic Petroleum Co
- Joe MacDonald – Asiatic Petroleum employee, China/HK late 1930s
- Asiatic Petroleum Company – contemporary photographs of its Shanghai building
- Asiatic Petroleum Company – Shanghai building , further information
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, China – family connections