Yung Hao tanker – requisitioned by HK Government 1951 leading to China’s requisitioning of Asiatic Petroleum Co
HF: In 1951, China requisitioned all property belonging to the Asiatic Petroleum Company in retaliation for the Hong Kong Government’s requisitioning of the tanker Yung Hao.
Further information comes from this account in the book, Via Ports: From Hong Kong to Hong Kong, Alexander Grantham, Governor of Hong Kong from 1947 to 1957.
This image is of the Yung Hao in later life as the RFA Surf Patrol, 1956.
- Via Ports: From Hong Kong to Hong Kong, A Grantham, HKU Press, 2001
Related Indhhk articles:
- Asiatic Petroleum Company – requisitioned by Chou En Lai 1951
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, China – contemporary photographs of its Shanghai building
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, China – family connections
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, Joe MacDonald – employee, China/HK late 1930s
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, China – Shanghai building, further information
- Asiatic Petroleum Company, UK, Walter George Babb, Employee of, 1911 – information wanted