HK Textile Industry Photos and Information 1953, 1958 + 1961
IDJ has sent in these pages from HK Government Yearbooks. Can anyone tell us exactly which companies are shown and where these factories/mills were?
Click on the images to enlarge.
This article was first posted on 31st January 2014.
- The Hongkong Cotton-Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing Company Ltd 1898-1914
- Shanghai Spinners: Pioneers of Hong Kong’s industrialization, 1947-1955
- About Nanyang Cotton Mill Ltd.
- South Sea Textile Manufacturing Company Ltd
- Eastern Cotton Mills
- Platt Brothers, Oldham, UK, HK Cotton-Spinning Company connection 1898
- Textile industrial terms used in Hong Kong Cotton-Spinning…Co 1898-1914
- Samuel Gee Yen (嚴欣淇) and East Sun Textile(怡生紗廠)
- Q+A47 Wyler Textiles Ltd
- Nan Fung Textiles Ltd – three rejuvenated factories in Tsuen Wan to be opened to the public
- Carles Brasó Broggi book published – the Chinese textile industry and links post WW2 to Hong Kong
- A History of the Wong Family Textile Business – Part One: Life in Shanghai
- A History of the Wong Family Textile Business – Part Two: Life in Hong Kong