RAF Shatin Airfield – Aircraft in Flight
Peter Howell has sent a number of images of taken in the early 1950s, when Peter was involved in 1900 Flight at RAF Shatin Airfield. Peter says, some photographs depict the wider role in which the unit took part – Air Days and Ceremonial occasions.
If you wish to know more about Peter’s involvement in 1900 Flight, the Shatin Airfield, Hong Kong and life there please see our RAF Shatin Airfield articles linked below.
Peter has also provided the photo captions and hopes that they are sufficient explanation of what is shown in each photograph.
HF: I have added the photo captions provided by Peter and an image number so that individual images can be easily identified by anyone wishing to add information.
This article was first posted on 5th June 2021.
Related Indhhk articles:
- RAF Shatin Airfield – Routine Patrols, Part One
- RAF Shatin Airfield – Routine Patrols, Part Two
- RAF Shatin Airfield – Headquarters, Part One
- RAF Shatin Airfield – Headquarters, Part Two
- RAF Shatin Airfield – aerial images
- RAF Shatin Airfield – daily life
- Shatin Airfield 1949-1962
- Shatin Airfield – 1954 article about British Army/RAF use
- Shatin Army Camp – link to Shatin Airfield
- Shatin – first powered flight in Hong Kong 1911
- An Aeroplane Called Wanda – historic flight over Shatin March 18th, 1911.
- Charles Van den Born – first powered flight in Hong Kong, Shatin, 1911