Kwok Hing Engineering Works, further information
Nathan Laurent, who lives in Queensland, Australia, has an interest in industrial history.
HF: A quick search online came up with this company based in around 1963 in Kwun Tong. I don’t think this company is connected to the one in Sham Shui Po.
Nathan has researched the company further and found this newspaper article.
He adds: I’m not sure how the dollar amount compares to today’s money, but the fine seems quite high for that time.
I suppose that if the fine put the owner out of business, it would explain why there is so little information out there.
This article was first posted on 7th January 2022.
Related Indhhk articles:
- The Pulsometer Engineering Company
- Tai Koo Dockyard – 1950s general engineering including Kai Tak hangars, tramcars and wireless masts…
- Lawrence Kadoorie, connected to CLP, Peak Tramways, HK Engineering & Construction, HK Brewers & Distillers, Kowloon Docks…
- The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Ltd – Flight magazine 1952
- Charm Hoi-sang (湛海生)and Harbour Engineering and Hoi Sing Holdings
- Binnie & Partners, engineering consultancy, Hong Kong reservoirs and more…
- John M. Henderson, Engineering Company, Aberdeen, Scotland…link to Hok Un power station, Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Ltd (HAECO) photographs
- Wang Tak Engineering & Shipbuilding Company, 1938 to present