Far East Motors car adverts
IDJ has sent several adverts for Far East Motors.
York Lo: Far East Motors was founded in 1934 when Far East Aviation was awarded the exclusive dealership of Chevrolet (Chevy) in HK and South China by American auto giant General Motors. Its first location was at 26 Nathan Road in Kowloon next to the Peninsula Hotel with 15000 sq ft of space and capacity to hold up to 30-40 cars. In addition to Chevy, the firm also distributed two other brands of General Motors – Cadillac and Holden (made in Australia) and Standard Motor and Armstrong Siddeley automobiles from the UK and also dealt in used cars. (For more information about the company please see our article, Far East Motors – distributor of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Holden and Standard automobiles and operator of Avis Rent-A-Car in HK, linked below.)
This article was first posted on 26th December 2020.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Far East Motors – distributor of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Holden and Standard automobiles and operator of Avis Rent-A-Car in HK
- Metro Cars (新英華汽車) and Austin automobiles in HK (1953-1970)
- Harpers – the Family, the Dealership and the first 50 years of Ford automobiles in Hong Kong
- China International Motors (鎧興汽車) – Distributor of Bedford, Vauxhall and Buick automobiles
- Hua Nan Motors – HK distributor of DeSoto, Peugeot and Renault automobiles from the 1940s to 1960s
- Zung Fu (仁孚) and 65 Years of Mercedes in Hong Kong
- Crowning Achievement: Crown Motors (皇冠汽車) and 50 years of Toyota in HK
- From Dodwell Motors and Gilman Motors to Metro-Dodwell and MD Motors
- Triangle Motors (合眾汽車) – from Shanghai to HK and from Opel to Isuzu
- Olympic Motors Ltd adverts