American Marine Boatyard film made showing damage caused during Typhoon Wanda 1962
Klaus Liphard has kindly sent a link to a short film made by, I think, Tony Fleming, who started work for the American Marine Boatyard in Hong Kong a couple of months before the devastating Typhoon Wanda hit Hong Kong in 1962.
I would be delighted to hear from Mr Fleming if he would like to contact me, Hugh Farmer, at the email address found on the Industrial History of Hong Kong Group website.
I have copied a few images from the film chosen almost at random. To assist identifying these I have numbered them
For more information about American Marine please see our posted articles linked below.
Source: To see the film please click here.
This article was first posted on 13th October 2021.
Related Indhhk articles:
- American Marine boatyard – magazine article 1970 – information about employees needed
- American Marine boatyard – aftermath of Typhoon Wanda 1962
- American Marine Ltd boatyard, Junk Bay – great photographs
- Carolyn Quincy AKA Francis Marion – luxurious boat built at American Marine boatyard, Junk Bay
- American Marine shipyard, Sea Witch yacht construction images