Ping Shan – proposed airport for Hong Kong – further images
Hugh Farmer: All images have been sent by IDJ with acknowledgements given for sources where known.
RAF Ping Shan c1954 IDJ comments the above image was originally posted on the The Hong Kong Historical Aircraft Association (HKHAA) website by someone in Australia in 2006.
RAF Ping Shan c1954IDJ adds “I noticed this week [4th Dec 2013] that the Airfield Construction Branch now has a Flikr site but there seems to be only a few Ping Shan images scattered through the site. The RAF guys look a rough bunch and seem to have Japanese POWs working freely with them [ see second image below]”
- If you want to look at The RAF, Airfield Construction Branch Associations http://www.rafacb.org.uk/
This article was first posted on 12th July 2014.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Ping Shan – proposed airport for Hong Kong
- Ping Shan airfield – further information
- Ping Shan airport – an extract from Paul Tsui’s unpublished memoir
- Lam Tei Quarry connections with post WW2 proposed Ping Shan Airport
- Lam Tei Quarry – Ping Shan Airport , RAF Technical Magazine Report, May 1946