The Peak Tram – the Abt Passing Loop , 1879 invention
James Chan: Re the recent article Peak Tram: The Ward Leonard System installed 1926 I found this which I think must have been used in building the Peak Tram.
This article was first posted on 14th June 2014.
- Colorado School of Mines: Advanced funicular technology – page 3 the Abt Passing Loop
Related Indhhk articles:
- Proposed Peak Tramway extension to Queen’s Road – interviews with Colony’s leading residents
- Proposed Peak Tramway extension to Queen’s Road
- Proposed second Peak Tram – 1908 – the route and objections
- Lawrence Kadoorie, connected to CLP, Peak Tramways, HK Engineering & Construction, HK Brewers & Distillers, Kowloon Docks…
- Peak Tramways – additional locations and alterations
- The Peak Tram – How it works
- Bus, tram and peak tram conductors
- Yates and Thom, Blackburn, UK – Makers of the original Peak Tram engines