The Hongkong Pipe, Brick and Tile Works, 1896-1928
HF: The Hong Kong Pipe, Brick and Tile Works was owned and operated by the Green Island Cement Company from 1896 to 1928, when it was closed due to financial losses. According to the 1908 report below it was located at the western end of Deepwater Bay.
Are we talking about the same Brick Works that Tymon Mellor has found in a 1957 map, linked below. A near thirty gap between closing and being still recorded on a map seems rather long , but if the site remained undeloped why not?
- http://gwulo.com/node/8575 – Hong Kong Pipe, Brick and Tile Works
- Extracted from Twentieth Century Impressions of Hong-kong, Shanghai and Other Treaty Ports of China, Wright A, Lloyd’s Greater Britain Publishing Company Ltd., 1908.
Related Indhhk articles: