‘Chic Eather’s’ website – Early balloon/plane flights in HK, Kai Tak and much more!
HF: Charles ‘Chic’ Eather was born on 2nd August 1920 in Sydney Australia. He has had a full life and was an airline pilot for Ansett Airways and Cathay Pacific retiring from the latter in 1975.
Chic has a large website, packed with mostly aviation related information and images.
Of great interest to to us are the following: –
On his website go to People, Places and Events where you will find:
HAECO (The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company), images at Kai Tak airport
Kai Tak airport, images from 1948
Kai Tak – The Prior Years – aviation in HK before Kai Tak, balloons, early plane flights and more
Kai Tak – Drafts – Kowloon Aviation field, The Harry Abbott story
Kai Tak – Layout, the development of the airport over the years
History of RAF Kai Tak
Hong Kong Airport – lots more about Kai Tak
…and probably other sections that I have missed
Related Indhhk articles:
- Sha Tin Airfield – First Powered flight in Hong Kong 1911
- The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Ltd
- The Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Ltd – Flight magazine 1952
- Kai Tak airport – 1925 to 1945, a brief history
- Kai Tak airport – BAAG Reports 1942-1944, plus other HK landing strips
- World War Two – Kai Tak airport, BAAG maps, sketches and plans