Stone Cutters’ Lives in Hong Kong – 1952 article
IDJ has sent an article about Stone Cutters (or Breakers) and their working lives in Hong Kong…
The article was originally published in 1952 by the Building Contractor’s Association which subsequently became the Hong Kong Construction Association which exists today.
The images shown here have also been supplied by IDJ but are not in the 1952 article. They are all located in Hong Kong though exactly where or when the photos were taken is not known.
See: The Hong Kong Construction Association website
This article was first posted on 8th August 2016.
The index contains many articles about Quarrying and Stone Breaking in Hong Kong.
A few related Indhhk articles:
- Quarrying and transportation of stone in Hong Kong, 1841
- Tsang Koon-man (曾貫萬, 1808-1894) – Sam Lee Quarry, Shaukiwan, early 1840s
- Quarrying in Hong Kong – how the City of Victoria was built
- Stone breaking in early 20th Century Hong Kong
- The History of Quarrying in Hong Kong 1840-1940, 2012 article
- Film of quarry stone breaking by hand 1953 – possible location?