35 The Alice Wireless Radio Institute, Cheung Sha Wan
Ian Wolfe posted this image of this signboard on flikr which he suggests might have been a small teaching establishment probably run by craftsmen in 70s, for those who were fascinated by the radio electronics world.
He has translated the sign which certainly suggests Alice was an educational establishment of some form.
Ian adds in an email to the Group that the Institute was located on the opposite side to the I-Feng site in Chueng Sha Wan, as shown in the aerial photo below. The building where ‘Alice’ was once housed has since been demolished and re-developed.
Can anyone supply further information about this small and sweetly named part of Hong Kong’s telecommunication industry?
Related Indhhk articles:
- I-Feng Enamelling Company and Freezinhot Bottle Co., Ltd.
- Tai Lin/ Tai Un Radio Services Ltd 1946-2008
- The Design of Radios and Music Players in Japan from the 1950s to the 1970s – Hong Kong link
- An Emerging Industry: Hong Kong’s transistor radios, 1962 Government trade bulletin
- Transistor radio manufacturers in Hong Kong
- Bosco Radio Corp, the Gardner brothers and Kyoei Corp.