The Hongkong Rope Manufacturing Co., Ltd – images from c1908
HF These images of The Hongkong Rope Manufacturing Co., Ltd come come from Twentieth Century Impressions of Hongkong…published in 1908. The name of the company in the book is given as “Manufactory” but it appears to have been more usually known by the former name.
I have given the same title to each image as appears in the book.
Many thanks to IDJ for extracting and realigning the images.
Source: Wright, Arnold, : Twentieth Century Impressions of Hongkong, Shanghai, and Other Treaty Ports of China: Their History. People, Commerce, Industries, and Resources. London: Lloyd’s Greater Britain Publishing Company, Ltd., 1908.
This article was first posted on 15th January 2015.
Related Indhhk articles:
- The Hongkong Rope Manufacturing Co., Ltd
- The Hongkong Rope Manufacturing Co., Ltd – further information
- Robert Gordon Shewan – CLP, Green Island Cement and HK Rope Manufacturing
- Rope Making in Hong Kong – Sai Ying Pun 1970s + Kowloon 1945
- Kennedy Town 1889 map, rope and silk works?
- Yau Ma Tei – origin of place name from rope making?