World War Two -1945 BAAG report on occupied Hong Kong – water supply
Elizabeth Ride has sent a British Army Aid Group (BAAG) report from 1st March 1945, An Outline of Conditions in Occupied Hong Kong which was compiled in early 1945 for use by the Civil Affairs Committee which was to take on the rehabilitation of HK after the planned allied invasion.
HF: The report is lengthy so I am going to divide it up into separate articles. Here, water supply…
The image on the Home Page is of the Shing Mun reservoir, 1935.
- For general information about the Elizabeth Ride collection, her father Sir Lindsay Ride, and the British Army Aid group during WW2 a very useful introduction is through http://gwulo.com/node/13968
- The BAAG papers are kept at the Hong Kong Heritage Project
The Index contains many articles using BAAG reports from WW2. And about industry in HK during that time.
Related Indhhk articles:
- World War Two -1945 BAAG report on occupied Hong Kong – intro and contents
- World War Two – 1945 BAAG report – utilities
- Hong Kong during and immediately after World War Two – utilities
The Index contains several articles about various Hong Kong reservoirs.