46 Reiss & Bradley Group of Companies
IDJ asks if anyone can supply information about the Reiss & Bradley Group of Companies.
IDJ says I came across the attached family tree, shown below, in the Hong Kong Historical Aircraft Association (HKHAA) files recently. The tree shows that R&B was a founding element of Far East Aviation Ltd
HF: There also appears to be a direct connection to the Far East Flying Training School Ltd and Far East Motors Ltd. We have posted articles about all three companies which are linked below.
IDJ concludes: The only other clue I have found is in a Year-Book, an image of a Director of Reiss & Bradley, Far East Motors and Far East Flying Training School, a Mr P..P.F. Watkinson.
HF: Reiss, Bradley & company Ltd, according to an online site, was formed on 28th April 1923 and dissolved on 23rd December 1981.
If you can add anything about Reiss & Bradley, any of the associated companies or indeed Mr Watkinson please contact Hugh Farmer indhhk at gmail dot com.
Update 14th August 2018. York Lo posted his article:
See: Hong Kong Historical Aircraft Association (HKHAA) on Gwulo.com
This Q&A was first posted as an article on 5th May 2018.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Far East Aviation Company Ltd. – “British Enterprise in China”, 1934 article
- Far East Aviation Company – Part Two
- Far East Flying Training School Ltd, Part 1
- Far East Flying Training School Ltd, Part 2
- Far East Motors – distributor of Chevrolet, Cadillac, Holden and Standard automobiles and operator of Avis Rent-A-Car in HK