Gloria Weaving & Knitting Factory Ltd, Yau Tong
HF: This company was established in 1955 and incorporated on 27th October 1964.
The building shown in the recent photos below is at 1 Tung Yuen Street, Yau Tong where the company operated from the entire seven storeys.
Gloria Weaving is listed as manufacturing cardigans, sweaters, pullovers and winterwear.
Photos taken by HF on 25th September 2014.
This article was first posted on 11th April 2015.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Shanghai Spinners: Pioneers of Hong Kong’s industrialization, 1947-1955
- Chuen Sun Knitting Factory
- Early modern Hong Kong industrial design – Chuen Sun Knitting Factory Ltd
- The Hongkong Cotton-Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing Company Ltd 1898 -1914
- A History of the Wong Family Textile Business – Part Two: Life in Hong Kong