Industrial Districts – Tsing Yi Island
This article is the result of several people’s research into industrial development and other related topics on Tsing Yi Island.
Tsing Yi Island (青衣島) has an area of 10.69 km². The island has been extended drastically by reclamation along almost all its natural shore and the annexation of Nga Ting Chau (牙鷹洲) and Chau Tsai. Three major bays or harbours, Tsing Yi Lagoon, Mun Tsai Tong and Tsing Yi Bay (青衣灣) in the northeast, have been completely reclaimed.
If you can provide information on any of the subjects below, or add to the list, it would be good to hear from you. This framework can then be added to to provide a fuller picture with an acknowledgment of your contribution.
All contributions are Indhhk Group articles unless otherwise indicated.
BC Billy Clarke
HF Hugh Farmer
YL York Lo
JT Joe Terry
WTY Wong Tak Yan
JT by email Feb 2018. Have you any information on an enterprise called Tsing Yi Island Industries Ltd, a concrete products manufacturer for the construction industry in operation during the period of 1964 to 1968, production site managed by Raphael Chow, a Singapore national?
Swire Chlorine Plant
Swire Duro Paint Factory
IDJ: “Swire Duro Limited was for many years best known in Hong Kong for its decorative and industrial coatings. However, while it continues to manufacture paint at its purpose-built factory on Tsing Yi Island, the bulk of its output now goes to the joint venture company, ICI Swire Paints Limited to which Swire Duro passed its brands and marketing operations in 1990.” undated
Can anyone confirm whether this image sent by IDJ shows the Swire Chlorine or Paint Factory on Tsing Yi?
Tien Chu (HK) Company
Tsing Yi Paint Factory:
- BC 30 Mystery industrial building on Tsing Yi – paint factory?
Shek Wan Kaolin Mine 1976-1983
Kwong Tat Loong Shipyard
Tsing Yi Power Station
- IDJ Tsing Yi Power Station – 1966 construction to 1998 demolition
- IDJ Felling of Five Chimneys at Tsing Yi Power Station – 1998
This article was first posted on 16th June 2016.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Industrial Districts – Chek Lap Kok Island, pre-airport
- Industrial Districts – Cheung Chau Island
- Industrial Districts – Lamma Island
- Industrial Districts – Lantau Island
- Industrial Districts – North Point
- Industrial Districts – Peng Chau Island
- Industrial Districts – Sai Kung
- Industrial Districts – Tuen Mun
- Industrial Districts – Yau Tong