Hong Kong Tramways – Depots images
HF: These images of Hong Kong Tramways Depots have all been sent by Joseph Tse except where indicated. Joseph Tse has considerable knowledge of HK Trams (and also the Peak Tram and Tuen Mun Light Rail) as can be seen by the links below.
Additional images have been provided by Fung Chi Ming, FCM, of Sharp Street Depot.
This article is twinned with Hong Kong Tramways – Depots images, the first Indhhk article linked below.
Russell Street Depot
King’s Road Depot
Sharp Street Depot
Sai Wan Ho (East Depot)
Whitty Street (West Depot)
This article was first published on 3rd November 2014.
- Eric Lee, A centenary date with Hong Kong Tramways, Hong Kong: Tramric Product & Design, 2012
- Joseph Tse’s – The Old/Russell Street Tram Depot http://hkgtrams.wordpress.com/2011/06/16/old-depot/
- Joseph Tse’s – Whitty Street Tram Depot http://hkgtrams.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/whitty-street-depot/
- Joseph Tse’s – Main website http://hkgtrams.wordpress.com/
Related Indhhk articles:
- Hong Kong Tramways – Depots timeline
- HK Tramways- Date of First Service
- Trams, HK, linking 1881 and 2014 by way of 30th July 1904
- Trams, Kowloon – the when, the where but not the why not…and proposed cross harbour tram bridge!
- Tramways, Hong Kong, 1904 Proposal for Kowloon trams extending to China
- The Hongkong Electric Tramway – c1908 report and images
- Tramways, Hong Kong, 1984 Report
- Tramways, Hong Kong – Bowrington Canal generating station
- Tramways, Hong Kong, Dick, Kerr and Company, Preston, UK, makers of first cars 1904-1905
- Tramways, Hong Kong, date if first full service
- Alfred Dickinson, Consulting Engineer HK Tramways
- Dick, Kerr and Company, Preston UK – makers of first HK Tramways cars 1904-1905