Hong Kong lighthouse construction, costs, delivery, dates, light visibility…
IDJ has sent this account of seven Hong Kong lighthouses concentrating on details of their construction, cost, delivery, dates of opening and light visibility.
Pratas Shoal (proposal shelved)
A site NE of Lamma Island (proposal shelved)
Cape D’Aguilar (Hok Tsui)
Stephen Davies in his article, Lighthouses in HK pre-1941, linked below, mentions nine.
Double click the article to enlarge.
Source: Challenges for an Evolving City-160 Years of Port & Land Development in Hong Kong, Ho Pui Yin, The Commercial Press, 2004
Related Indhhk articles:
- Waglan Island Lighthouse, Fresnel Lenses – Barbier, Benard & Turenne – AGA
- Waglan Island Lighthouse – a brief history
- Waglan Island Lighthouse – inaugurated on 9th May, 1893
- Waglan Island Island , Frosty Moller – tug involved in evacuation of lighthouse staff, December 1941
- Hong Kong Lighthouses, and the men who manned them – HKBRAS article
- Lighthouses in Hong Kong pre-1941, images needed