The Dennis Jubilant bus – specifically designed for Hong Kong, 1977-1981
HF: The Dennis Jubilant was a front engine double decker bus chassis built by Dennis between 1977 [Silver Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II?] and 1981. It was specifically designed for the contemporary operating environment (hilly roads and “one-man-operation” with a farebox) in Hong Kong.
The chassis design featured a set-back front axle, which enabled the front door to be located in front of the front axle, and a strengthened chassis frame. It could be fitted with a Gardner 6LXB engine and Voith D851 automatic gearbox. (1)
- Grace’s Guides – Dennis Brothers Grace’s Guide is the leading source of historical information on industry and manufacturing in the UK.
- AEC Regent V – Kowloon Bus Company buses 1960s
- The Kowloon Motor Bus Company (1933) Ltd – Timeline
- China Motor Bus Company – Chai Wan Depot
- World War Two -1945 BAAG report on occupied Hong Kong – motor bus services
- First HK-designed Electric Bus – SCMP article
- Shek O Bus Terminus – cantilevered balcony, art deco lettering from 1955
- Hong Kong “Lorry” Buses – one sighted 1st April – no joke!