The Dairy Farm, Ice & Cold Storage Company Ltd – employees
By 1918 (some records say 1916), the original Hong Kong Ice Company joined Dairy Farm and became known as the Dairy Farm, Ice and Cold Storage Company Limited, following the merging of the food sections of Lane Crawford and Dairy Farm.
Employees details will be added as information comes in.
Andrews, Charles Frederick
Assistant, residing at 74 Nathan Road, Courtesy of Gwulo.com 1941 Jurors List published on 28th March, 1941
Wilkinson, Frederick James
Chris Beard: My wife’s grandfather Fred Wilkinson, (b 22nd January 1905, Hong Kong), worked for the company from 1929 to 1941. In 1929 when his daughter Joan was born he gave his occupation as Mercantile Clerk/Assistant.
He and his wife, Beatrice Wilkinson, and all their children were interned at Stanley camp in January 1942 during the Japanese occupation in WW2. At that time Fred was again listed with the same occupation.
He got his old job back in 1948 when he returned to Hong Kong.
This article was first posted on 16th February 2017.
Related Indhhk articles:
- The Dairy Farm Ice and Cold Storage Company, HKBRAS article
- Dairy Farm Company
- Dairy Farm Company – a timeline
- Dairy Farm Company – Post WW1, the Japanese occupation and immediately post WW2
- Dairy Farm, Pokfulam
- Dairy Farm, Pok Fu Lam – Ming Pao article, effort to preserve what remains…
- Dairy Farm, Pok Fu Lam, museum – SCMP article
- Dairy Farm, Pokfulam village – close links to DF 1886, SCMP article