The Group started in November 2012 with the website following in October 2013. We currently have over 1,200 posted articles.
Contributions have come from an estimated 300 people ranging from a single line comment to a full length article. Plus those who help the group in other ways as shown in the list below.
If you would like to contribute in some way please get in touch. We would be delighted to hear from you.
There are a number of ways in which you might like to contribute to the group:
- Write an article on an existing or new subject. This can be sent in as a word-type document (with an image or two if possible) to the email address above.
- Write an article as one of our site authors. If you would like to become a regular contributor you can register with the group and and add new content to the site yourself. Once you have registered you will be able to post articles yourself without having to go through the Editor – a great help.
- Add a comment at the bottom of an article. Many of our regular contributors started with this simple action…
- Add a comment to one of our intriguing Queries and Answers.
- Translate We now have three people who have offered to translate Chinese, one Japanese translator, one Portuguese (the Macau connection), and one French. Would you be able help with the occasional, brief translation? Chinese naturally, Japanese, but also French, German, Spanish, Russian, Hindi, Italian, or…?
- Re-type documents Printed documents can sometimes be difficult to read. And the typed version is “searchable”, the printed version not. We currently have three people who occasionally help re-type a couple of paragraphs.
- Take photographs of existing, though maybe not functioning, Hong Kong industrial sites
- Find photographs which can be added to posted articles
- Help with Admin Tasks eg someone has volunteered to update the Index every month. How about editing the Newsletter sent out every two months which takes a couple of hours…
- Or in some other way which would help the Group and website to develop…