Agriculture in the “New Territory” – 1931 article
HF: It is worth looking at the Hong Kong Naturalist – “a quarterly illustrated journal principally for Hong Kong and South China” which was published from Jan 1930 until Feb 1941. The journals contain articles on a variety of subjects of interest to us including, tea production, oysters, Kowloon waterworks, and a couple of mountains where mines are mentioned.
One of the articles is Agriculture in the New Territory by L Gibbs from May 1931.
Related Indhhk articles:
- Lindsay Ride films of HK in the 1950s – agriculture, duck herding and street scenes!
- Fish Farming “They Fatten Fish to Feed Hong Kong”
- Fish Farming, New Territories
- Fish Farming, New Territories, The Bionomics of Pondfish Culture – mid 1950s
- Fish Pond Industry, New Territories 1960s
- Fish Pond Industry, New Territories, the fish
- Fishing Industry, The Hong Kong, during World War two – on the trail of Amakusa Marine
- Oyster Beds of the Wang Chau area, Yuen Long
- The Oyster Industry in South China and Hong Kong, 1931